This meeting notification is a bit more in advance of my usual ones as it is for our AGM.
In its current incarnation, Bridgend Green Party is now over 3 years old. It has established itself as arguably the strongest local Green Party in Wales in this time.
However, it now finds itself at a vital point in its development. The founding members have done a great job in building a viable and effective local party – but unless other members get more involved and become prepared to take over the reigns, Bridgend Green Party may fade away.This would be an awful shame. So please come along to the AGM and see what you may be able to offer, and get out of it, if not immediately, perhaps over the next 12 months. Otherwise, next year’s AGM may prove to be the last.
7.00pm Thursday 27th February 2014 at theThe Railway PH at the bottom of Station Hill
ALL WELCOME (Especially new members!)
- (1) Welcome, Election of chair,
- (2) Minutes,
- (3) Reports from officers and councillor,
- (4) Election of officers,
- (5) Review of year (including campaigning activity and Conference feedback),
- (6) Report on Election campaigns and situation re target wards,
- (7) Motions and BGP constitutional amendments (if any),
- (8) Dates and venues for next 12 months
- (9) A.O.B.
We run on a skeleton executive of three officers at present in order to satisfy National Party and legal requirements. We are reaching a point where we need to see different people taking on these positions if at all possible.
These consist of:
- Chairman – acting also as Local Party Contact (and PPERA Second Officer)
- Elections Officer – acting as Election Agent and Nominating Officer
On top of this, there is a need for a Minuting Secretary (currently being done by the Elections Officer) and Blog/Website Officer (currently being done by the Chair). In an ideal world, we also need a Membership Secretary (sort of done by the Chair currently); and a Fundraising Co-ordinator.
MOTIONS and/or BGP Constitutional Amendments
If any body wants to propose any, then please do so by email or post by 20th February, so that they can can be distributed for consideration before the AGM itself. They will need proposing and seconding by full members (either at the AGM or via email/post in advance) before they can be put to a vote at the AGM.