If anyones looking for work experience, theres an exciting opportunity here in support of our Welsh Assembly campaign which includes free accommodation + £10 daily lunch allowance…
Please feel free to circulate. Thanks & best wishes Spencer
Media interns to support the Green Party’s Welsh Assembly election campaign
Expenses paid, free lodgings offered
Starting February, finishing after the May elections
Training in our London press office offered ahead of starting
Wales Green Party has a fantastic opportunity to elect its first Assembly Member in this May’s Assembly Elections. Our lead candidate Jake Griffiths is also Leader of the Green Party in Wales and has an increasingly high profile in the area.
Just 7% is needed to elect Jake to the Assembly under the proportional voting system. We secured 6.4% in the South Wales Central region in the 2009 Euro Elections, and the last 2 opinion polls have placed Wales Green Party on 9-10%, showing we’re building momentum ahead of May.
We’re looking for 2 volunteer media interns to be based in Cardiff, supporting the work of our Development Officer who is overseeing the campaign. The purpose of the role is to secure more coverage of the campaign in print, broadcast and online media within the region. The role of these interns could be a significant factor in helping achieve an historic breakthrough for the Greens.
The placement will begin before Green Party Conference, 25-28th Feb and will end in the first week of May.
This election offers us the chance to explain to voters how a vote for Labour on the 2nd regional ballot is wasted, and why progressives should back the Greens to provide alternatives to the cuts, tackling the increases in living costs from oil/food prices etc.
Main duties to include:
* Monitoring media for opportunities
We can only provide an expenses budget for meals (£10 per day) and travel costs (if applicable). We can however offer free accommodation in Cardiff.
Reply, with a completed press
National media team volunteers (unpaid, though local public transport and lunch allowance covered)
Exciting opportunities for 2011!
The Green Partys national media team require media interns who are able to commit three or more days a week for 3-6 months, based in either Brighton, Cardiff, London or Norwich.
· Those based in our Brighton office will play a crucial role in this year’s local elections in the city where last year Britain’s first Green MP was elected.
· Those based in Cardiff will help the Green Party’s bid for another historic breakthrough – the first Green Party member of the Welsh Assembly.
· Those based in Norwich will work with the party’s deputy leader, Adrian Ramsay, and the Norwich Green Party team for a vital local election campaign in the only British city where the Greens are the official opposition on the city council.
· Volunteers in the core national media team will work from our London press office, working direct to the party’s head of media relations Spencer Fitz-Gibbon, in support of Green Party leader Caroline Lucas MP, fighting for extra media exposure for the Green Party.
The successful applicants will be dynamic, intelligent, flexible and hard-working, with excellent verbal and written communications skills. Previous experience of media/communications work is ideal but not essential.
Some training will be given in writing for the media and in handling incoming requests from national, regional and local media outlets including print, broadcast and online. Duties will include news monitoring, writing and editing briefings and reports.
Reply, with a completed press
Spencer Fitz-Gibbon Head of Media Relations
The Green Party
020 7561 0282
Published and promoted by Spencer Fitz-Gibbon for the Green Party, both at 1a Waterlow Road, London N19 5NJ.